Happy Solstice

 It's my favorite day of the year, Summer Solstice.  This means that the dark will begin to return.  The days grow shorter, the night's longer and the countdown to Autumn begins.

 It's time to start decorating for my favorite season.


 Did you dance beneath the moon last night?



 Did you build a bonfire.  I had a nice fire burning last evening.

 As of Sunday, we are halfway through the growing season.  How does your garden grow?



Enjoy the first day of Summer and let the fun begin.

Comments

Guillaume said…
Happy midsummer! Love the pictures. Feeling like staying in it is so hot here.
Sol said…
Happy Solstice!
Linda said…
I love the Summer Solstice.
TARYTERRE said…
Happy Solstice! LOve all your pictures.
Solstice blessings to you and your family, Joyce!
Leanna said…
Solstice Blessings, darlin! Last night at exactly 11:24 pm I lit a small fire in my firepit and stayed up all night until sunrise. I can't wait until autumn! My favorite time of the year too.
Mrs.T said…
Happy Mid Summer to you ! My little container garden is growing well!

Blessings from TN
Denise
Valerie said…
Blessed be! Yes, I love anticipating Autumn, and try to be mindful of the glory of all the seasons. But fall and winter are my favorites! Going to burn some sage and thyme bushes today--they didn't survive our winter, so I saved them for a lovely fragrant fire today.
Diane said…
Anything to me that means winter is on the way is not good for us. We both hate the cold!!! Hope all is well Diane
Leanne said…
it was Winter Solstice here - you would have loved it - cold, (but yummy sunny day), fire on, roast turkey and trimmings to celebrate
Gemmagirl said…
Oh happy day. I thought I was the only one that love the fact that the days are getting shorter and we begin the climb towards fall.
Rain said…
Merry Solstice Joyce :)
Merry Lithia! I broke down and cleaned and changed my altar for the Solstice. May your Solstice be Blessed! I cannot wait for Autumn either.